Do you need to dispute incorrect information on your credit report?  Incorrect items may adversely affect your credit score and ability to get credit.  Here is a sample dispute letter recommended by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC):

Your Name
Your Address, City, State, Zip Code

Complaint Department
Name of Company
City, State, Zip Code

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing to dispute the following information in my file. I have circled the items I dispute on the attached copy of the report I received.

This item (identify item(s) disputed by name of source, such as creditors or tax court, and identify type of item, such as credit account, judgment, etc.) is (inaccurate or incomplete) because (describe what is inaccurate or incomplete and why). I am requesting that the item be removed (or request another specific change) to correct the information.

Enclosed are copies of (use this sentence if applicable and describe any enclosed documentation, such as payment records and court documents) supporting my position. Please reinvestigate this (these) matter(s) and (delete or correct) the disputed item(s) as soon as possible.

Your name

Enclosures: (List what you are enclosing.)

Alabama consumers who have disputed inaccurate or incomplete information in their Equifax, Experian or Trans Union credit reports may be entitled to money damages under federal law, the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), when credit reporting agencies fail to delete inaccurate information.  If you have disputed inaccurate information on you credit report without satisfaction, then you should contact Micah Adkins for a free credit report dispute consultation today.